If you’re looking for an exterior painting contractor who specializes in residential painting of homes in Westchester, New York, you’re in the right place! We’ve been providing professional painting service to the residents of Westchester County since 1957! In fact, the cornerstone of our company was always house painting. Over the years we have grown into a full service home remodeling contracting company. Our goal is to assist you with all of your home improvement, remodeling and renovation projects!
Remember when you first fell in love with your house? Perhaps this is the year to consider painting the exterior of your home and fall in love with it all over again!
A fresh paint job has the power to totally transform the look of your house. That thin skin of resin and pigment also protects your investment, shielding it from sun, wind, and rain. Properly applied, new paint should last for a good 15 years, provided you use top-quality materials, apply them with care (and with an eye on the weather), and, most important, clean and sand every surface first. Rest assured, when you hire Bruzzese Home Improvements to paint the exterior of your home we use only top quality materials and stand behind our work!
Here are some idea’s to get you started:
Now that you have rekindled the romance you once had with your house, it’s time to spice things up a little… Color can influence the whole personality of your home. It’s a very powerful tool that can do wonders with transforming the outside of your house. When applied with a generous amount of TLC it can produce some amazing results. It’s almost like getting a new house again (well, almost).
Let’s consider a few key factors before falling “head over heels” in love with colors:
- What style is your home?
…Traditional, Tudor, Cape Cod, Ranch, Split Level, Colonial, Victorian,Southwestern, Coastal, etc…
- What are typical color variations for your particular style of home?
Visit other neighborhoods that have similar styles, search Images with your favorite search engine, or look through architectural magazines.
- Check specific paint manufacturer’s web sites. Sometimes they provide pictures of painted exteriors for consideration.
- Think about your own neighborhood or subdivision and consider the “compatibility factor”.
- Check with your Home Owners Association as well. Sometimes there are color pallets that are pre-approved by the neighborhood board.
Some other influences to consider are what is called “structural property”.
- Foundation materials – like brick, stone, stucco, concrete, etc…
- Roofing shingles – style, color, material.
- Chimney structures – brick, stone, stucco.
- Porch, steps and walkways – brick, stone, cement.
- Surrounding Landscaping and Trees.
- Decks and patios – wood, brick, concrete, etc…
Once all possible considerations and influences have been weighed out, you will be able to narrow down your color possibilities more easily. Paint color schemes are basically put into three categories:
- Warm colors (Earth tones): browns, deep oranges, dark greens, reds, and muted yellows.
- Cool tones: light blues, light greens, and pastels.
- Neutrals: whites, grays, and muted tans.
Picking the right paint color and tone will dictate what kind of feeling or mood your house will have. In short; it all depends on your own personality and how you want to be influenced by your surroundings. Color is a power mood enhancer.