Having a compact space for your bathroom shouldn’t necessarily compromise functionality. The following are tips to help you maximize your small bathroom area:
Innovative Storage Spaces
- Floating Storage Spaces. For a small bathroom, a large portion of the floor area may already be occupied by the sink, toilet, and shower, leaving limited space for storage.
To maximize space, replace your cabinets with wall-mounted ones. Having them installed in your bathrooms will keep toiletries organized and accessible whenever you need them.
You may opt for open shelves to keep towels and other items which you need to use often.
- Floating Roll-out drawers/Cabinets. On the other hand, there are some products which you will only occasionally need to use, such as the bathroom cleaning products. You can keep these items in roll-out drawers or closed cabinets.
Another advantage of installing floating storage cabinets is that kids won’t be able to reach them. Also, they are kept away from sight especially when you have guests.
- Spice Racks. For toiletries such as shampoo, soap, tissue, and others, you can use deep-space storage items such as spice racks which you can place near the shower area.
If you wish, you may even place racks in cabinet doors to keep items organized and maximize the space of the cabinets. For instance, you may place your blow dryer in the racks so you don’t need to mix them with the other items.
It may also be better to choose cabinets or drawers with multiple compartments so each member of the household has their own storage cabinets for their personal grooming items and toiletries. If they need them, it will then be easier to find them.
- Hooks. Additionally, you can use hooks for your robes and other clothing garments instead of towel bars which may consume more space.
- Magnetic Cosmetics Board. If you have cosmetics or other grooming products, it may be quite a hassle to keep them in drawers when you need to use them frequently. As a solution, you may avail cheap magnetic boards which you can hang in the wall.
Frameless Shower Enclosures
If you have a very limited bathroom space, your best option is to have an open shower area. You may choose a shower that does not spray out water too widely to keep the surrounding areas dry.
However, if you want to install shower enclosures, the frameless ones will make it appear less-confining. Sliding glass doors will also be a better alternative.
Are you considering of remodeling your bathroom to maximize a space without the compromise for style and functionality?
Aside from the tips already given, here are other things you may want to consider:
- Choose the right fixtures that you need.
The primary concern is the need to maximize the functionality of your bathroom given the limited space. Thus, choose the fixtures that you will really need such as the sink, toilet and shower and it will be better if they are as small as possible.
- Soak or Steam?
After a stressful or tiresome day, we just want to relax our body. It may make us feel better while we soak on warm water. However, will it be practical to install a bathtub to suffice that need?
Having a steam shower may just also suit your needs to soak. It can be just as relaxing plus it consumes lesser amounts of water.
However, should you choose to install one, there are small bathtubs which are still ‘soak-worthy’ as those with the big ones and they can also come in affordable prices.
- Install wall-mounted or pedestal sinks
If you are conserving space, the wall-mounted or pedestal sinks are your best choice since you can easily install them even in the corners of your bathroom. This way, you maximize even the corners of the room, thus providing more elbow space to move around.
- Open shower area
As previously stated, having an open shower area will give you a more spacious feel for your bathroom.
Like the small bathrooms in France, sometimes a thin wall divider is placed to cover the shower area.
You can also place the shower head high above the ceiling to contain the water sprays in a smaller area or you may also choose a handheld shower head, so that you can also control its position while you are using it.
A bathroom should serve its purpose, that’s a priority concern when designing the area. Most homeowners often compromise the area, the house area is small – more spaces are allocated to the living room area, kitchen and dining area, and the bedrooms.
However, you can ensure that you have everything you need in the bathroom by maximizing the limited space.
Dustin Harrison is an expert in the field of Home decor and Interior design. He is work in Aquant India. Aquant India is among the most leading sanitary ware suppliers providing excellent shower panels, stylish wash basin like onyx basin, mosaic basin, Counter Basin and so forth as well as other sanitary ware items. To learn more about Interior design visit this website and blog.